Thursday, July 2, 2009

California or Bust!


On, Friday May 8, we were on our way to California. My Mom, Maddux and I. We went to California to go to my Aunt Leola's 80th birthday party. However, because we were going out, we wanted to be able to stay a couple of days so that we could do some stuff. We stayed at a hotel in Anaheim, California. We traveled out about the same time as my Aunt Karen, Uncle Lon, Mela and Jayden. They met my Aunt Helen in Palm Springs and she followed them to Anaheim too. It was fun to spend time with them for the weekend. Just before we got to Anaheim we stopped in Corona, California at a super cute quilt shop. My Mom and I got fabric to make some pillow cases.


I tried really hard to make sure all of my pictures were turned the right way. Dang I missed one. Here is Maddux and I on the Balboa Pier.

Of course, when you go to Balboa, California you have to get a Balboa Bar. Here is a picture of Maddux watching the guy make his Balboa Bar. The guy was funny, He acted like he was going to eat Muddux's Balboa Bar. Maddux didn't really like that..

Here is Maddux eating his Balboa Bar. Yum! In case you don't know what a Balboa Bar is... it is a square of ice cream on a stick. Then dipped into chocolate and then you can pick the topping that you want. Maddux chose sprinkles.


Maddux and I on the ferry boat going over to Balboa Island. This a tradition that we do every time we go to Newport Beach.



We drove past the Newport Temple real fast we didn't even get out. I really wanted to see it. It was a beautiful temple. I glad we were able to see it.



My Mom's brother and sisters. Her oldest brother was not there. His name is LaVar and he lives in Oregon. In the picture from left to right is Helen, Bryce, Leola, Lynne (my Mom), and Karen.



Pedro Maddux

This is my Aunt Leola (my Mom's sister). We came to California to go to her 80th Birthday party. It was lots of fun. It was a Mexican Fiesta Theme. The food was good, the entertainment was good, and the company was great.



After the party we went back to the beach. Mela and Jayden met us there. It was good to spend time with Mela. I haven't got to spend that much time with her since I have been married. Jayden and Maddux has lots of fun together.




Sunday was Mother's Day. We were not sure what we were going to do this day. However, with Disneyland just down the street from our hotel, how could we resist. When I first asked my Mom what she wanted to do when we went to California. She said "anything but go to Disneyland." I asked her "why not?" I told her we would only have 1 little guy and it might be fun. She said "maybe, but that she would like to go to a quilt store." So Sunday morning, we woke up and decided "What the heck!". We had so much fun. It was all about Maddux. First we went of Pirates of the Caribbean. Maddux said that we a scary ride, so the rest of the day was rides that he would like. We did leave just after lunch and went to our hotel and took a nap. Which was nice, because we stayed for the fireworks that night. The fireworks were really good. Maddux was so excited to go back to Disneyland the second time.


Here is a picture of Maddux and my Mom watching the boats and eating a curro. It was so fun just to focus on one person. Maddux was so good.





Maddux liked the ferris wheel. He also liked Buzz Lightyear Ride. But most of all he liked to be the star of all the attention.


So much fun! Because it was Mother's Day they gave all the Mother's carnations to wear.








Posted by Picasa

No comments: